Last updated on February 1st, 2023 at 06:30 pm
Color and fold this surprise heart printable! A fun folding surprise craft that can be used as a Valentine, birthday or even a Mother’s Day gift. Fill in your own message and get creative with this printable card.
There are so many ways this heart printable can be used!
Use the heart printable as a Valentine’s Day card
I initially designed this to be Valentine’s Day centered. I designed it to feel and behave like a Valentine. The free printable Valentine card includes a to: and a love: area. In addition, when you open it, it displays a cute Valentine’s message inside.
The heart printable also comes blank so you can give it to someone for another occasion, aside from Valentine’s Day.
Whether you give this printable card as a Valentine or not, the surprise portion of this printable is the best part! It turns from one single heart balloon into a cluster of balloons when opened. A balloon surprise that wishes nothing but love for the gifted loved one.
Available with blank balloon heart templates
This heart printable is available with a “Happy Valentine’s Day” message but it also includes a version with blank balloon hearts. This allows your kids or students to write their own personal messages inside.
Or maybe you want to send some love notes to your children or spouse?
Write your own love message in the blank balloons and send away! This heart printable is versatile and unique. Any person gifted this heart printable will smile upon opening it, for sure!
Use as a card for any occasion
Like I mentioned, this printable isn’t exclusively a Valentine’s printable. It can be used for a birthday, Mother’s Day, or even an “I’m thinking of you” card. Fill out the blank hearts and share how you feel for someone!
Use the heart printable as a coloring page or craft
The heart printable comes in both a color version and a black and white version. Get creative and color those large, medium hearts and mini hearts.
You can also get super crafty and make your own crafts for Valentine’s Day.
1. After you’ve colored in your Valentine, grab a pair of scissors and make some heart cutouts!
2. Cut along the hearts and dog.
3. Then using hole punchers, punch a hole in the top of the Valentine.
4. Laminate, if you choose to do so.
5. Take some twine and tie a loop through the hole so you can hang this craft and use as Valentine’s home decor.
What materials do you need for the heart printable?
You don’t need many supplies for this fun and easy heart printable! Let your creativity shine and simply grab some coloring tools.
Grab anything you feel like coloring with:
- Colored Pencils
- Tempera Paint Sticks
- Scissors (if you wanted to cut along the edges and give it a fancier edge).
How do you fold the heart printable?
Super easy! You only have to fold in 3 places to get your folding surprise heart card. It’s even easy enough for younger children. Simple enough for the little kids, but works for kids of all ages. The surprise factor of the heart printable is what allures kids to this easy printable.
There are 3 light gray horizontal dotted lines on the printable. Use these lines as guidance on where to fold.
1. Print out the blank or color version of the heart printable.
2. Fold the paper in half bringing the top edge down to the bottom edge (if you chose to download the dotted line version, use the lines as a guide on where to fold).
3. Take the bottom edge of the top layer and fold it up to the top layer.
4. Turn the paper over, and fold the bottom up to the top (this concludes the folding) and you now have 3 creased folds.
5. Your end result should consist of a closed heart balloon, and once the paper is opened, a cluster of heart balloons is displayed.
What’s included in the free heart printable?
- The heart printables are in high resolution – 300 PPI and prints perfectly on 8.5”x11” letter-size paper
- Our heart printable acts as both a fun surprise paper toy and a free printable heart coloring page.
Includes 4 versions:
1. Colored Heart Printable with Valentine’s Day message
2. Colored Heart Printable with blank balloons (write your own message)
3. Black & White Heart printable with Valentine’s Day message
4. Black & White Heart Printable with blank balloons (write your own message)
I also included these printables in a version that doesn’t include the dotted lines.*
*The dotted lines indicate where to fold and may be easier for younger children.
Tell a loved one you care in a fun way with this surprise heart printable! Get these printable files today by subscribing to Mrs. Merry’s email list.
Instructions on how to get your free heart printable PDF files?
This is the part you are probably looking for. To print this free heart printable, simply subscribe to our email list by filling out the form below. You will instantly receive the free printable via email.
Already a subscriber? No worries! Filling this form out will NOT sign you up multiple times on our email list. It will simply check to see if you’re a subscriber and then email you the PDF file. After subscribing, check your inbox for your free printable! Your print link will be available instantly.
Simple as that. We do this to keep Mrs. Merry content exclusive to email subscribers!
Grab this multiplication chart printable and other free resources at mrsmerry.com
Pin the heart printable, please.
Get the word out: If you liked this printable and want to give us a little thanks please pin us on Pinterest. We love Pinterest pinning!
Looking for more Valentine’s Day printables?
We have a bunch of fun and simple Valentine’s Day printables to choose from!
Create additional Valentines with our watercolor heart craft
Looking for some different craft projects for Valentine’s Day? Make your own Valentine with 8 pages of watercolor hearts and decor. Cut out the hearts and paste onto a large heart and give it to your special someone.
Use our heart banner for additional heart decor
Print the letters or numbers of your choosing and create your own free heart banner for Valentine’s Day or any special occasion.
Don’t forget your I Spy Valentines
Find these 14 Valentine’s Day items in our easy and fun Valentine’s Day I Spy game. Color each valentine item as you find them.
Printables from mrsmerry.com are copyright protected and for personal use and classroom use only. Thanks and have a very merry day!
Leave A Comment